Beauty - Fashion - Advice - Reviews- College Life - My Opinion

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Salty Sunday Wishlist: 8/17/14

You may look at the title of this post and think "Huh. Well why's this chick salty? And why would she name a Sunday segment for a wishlist 'salty'?!" You see here, my friends, I am a college girl on a budget. You pretty much have to buy the materials for a small house when you're living on campus- yeah, THAT kind of budget. There are so many makeup, hair, and body products that I would love to get and try. Unfortunately, I can't just go out there and do an Ulta haul every time I pass the store. But man, I would love to...

So that is why I'm making this list. This is a chance for you to be introduced to be new materials, or to talk about the products if you already have them. And for me.. this is a chance for me to vent about the products I am dying for and why I want them. Let me know your opinions, and I will keep an update of the products I do get, and do reviews!


1. Benefit "they're real! push-up liner"


Ulta: $24
Sephora: $24


I wear the cat eye every day, so this seems as if it would be ideal for me. The tutorial video makes it look so simple. Everyone likes a long lasting eyeliner, but will it be hard to get off? I guess that's why they make their own 'they're real!" make- remover. Whatever, I'm down with anything that takes 5 seconds to do. Especially when it's such a classic look!

2. & 3. Too Faced "Country Nashville Nudes" and "Rock N Roll Rock Candy"

Via Blogspot
Ulta: $36 each
Sephora: $36 each

Maybe I just want them for the novelty.. however, the color trios look great. I'm thinking the country palette for the daytime, and the rock 'n roll palette for night? I've never used Too Faced eyeshadow before. I saw in Ulta that they come with a little tutorial booklet, which is fantastic, because I wouldn't mind changing up my look every now and again. I might have to splurge on one of them soon out of curiosity..


4. Lush "Bubble Bars"


Lush: $5-$25


My brother's girlfriend told me about Lush recently. Before that, I have never heard of them, and I am so glad that I know of them now!! They are a fresh, organic, handmade business that is like a Bath and Body Works on steroids. They use fresh fruit and vegetables and oils to make the scents and use the least amount of packaging as possible. Also, their products bubble A LOT. I don't know how or why. They actually pride their "bubble bars" on being "like the bubble baths in the movies". Ugh, I so want to get my hands on one of these.. The best part is, it actually is a bar. You can break off a tiny piece, throw it in the bathtub, it dissolves, and you have bubble mountain. And you will have bubble mountain every day for two weeks.


5. Katy Perry "Oh So Sheer" Eau de Parfum

Via Fimgs

Ulta: $59.00
Note: If you shop around online, you can get it as low as $30.

This perfume is getting a lot of great reviews lately. I received a sample paper of it in my last Ulta flyer and it smelled really nice. Not too overpowering, but not too light, either. I really love the bottle. To be honest, I love perfume bottles, and that is one of the first things I look at, naturally, when I pick out a scent. I also love Katy Perry, and her innovative weirdness. 


So there you have it. The first 5 items on this week's wishlist. As you might have noticed, I am a member of the Ulta rewards system. In my opinion, it's the best rewards system out there in regards to makeup. Even if there isn't a store near you, and you are really into makeup, I highly recommend you sign up for a card online and make your purchases that way!  

You get a point for every dollar you spend, and when you get up to a certain amount of points, you go platinum! Of course, there are rewards along the way, like cash back if you want to spend your points and save money, and a birthday gift! Calvin Klein's CK One Mascara!

Which works so well. It's amazing.

Until next time!

Lexi xo



No comments:

Post a Comment