Beauty - Fashion - Advice - Reviews- College Life - My Opinion

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just moved in...

Hey guys.

So I moved in on Friday, and as most of you know, a lot of that is pretty stressful. But. A lot of it is a lot of fun, because you get to see your best friends and decorate a blank canvas of a room. I chose to have my own room this year, because I truly believe that being a biology major requires millions of hours of alone time to study.


Oh you know, just trying to become a doctor..

My room isn't completely finished..but I'm pretty proud of it. It's really pink and glittery and animal printy and it screams my name. 

It feels like home. That is very important at college..I cannot tell you that enough. Freshman year, my room felt like a jail cell. I was upset all the time and hated coming back to it. Now, I feel like I have somewhere to come back to on campus where I can just be myself. Always find a place like that, no matter where you are.


I love it so much. Although, we are supposed to contact FMO to put in our air conditioners.. so I did. I have a fee waiver, because it costs $25 (ridiculous..). I called on Friday at 2:37. The lady told me they were done for the day. DONE FOR THE DAY. AT 2:37!!! And that they won't be able to put it in until Monday!! It's supposed to be 80 all weekend! So Dean and I put it in ourselves. Ugh..

The pink wicker panels behind my bed are supposed to be a faux headboard. We spray painted it, and I have ribbon to drape down.


When I arrived, I unpacked a little bit, and then we decided to go get something to eat. Buffalo Wild Wings is right down the road from my college, and it's a family favorite (and a move-in day tradition in-the-making). If there is a BWW near you, I suggest you go, because it is yummy. I had a buffalo chicken flatbread for my meal, but my highlight were these little guys:




Bite-sized heaven with a side of sainthood. These are deep fried cheesecake bites! Warm and creamy cream cheese deep-fried in crunchy graham cracker, dipped in warm, melty caramel.. mmmm...it's a diet-cheat-day-must-try!

It's time to get ready for the day, and meet Brittany for lunch. I will bring to you a Salty Sunday Wishlist later on, and a review of an item that I bought off of that list!! 

Until then-


Love, Lexi xo



No comments:

Post a Comment