Beauty - Fashion - Advice - Reviews- College Life - My Opinion

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Eyeshadow Nail Polish - Take 1

I've wanted to try making nail polish from eyeshadow for a while now. I finally tried it today, and it's a really easy, smooth process!

Hard Candy is a cute makeup brand sold by Walmart. They have more edgy, punk rock looking eyeshadows, nail polishes, lipsticks and glosses, and many other things. Unfortunately, I am allergic to the eyeshadow!!!

I was so bummed when I first tried it. The shadows are so pretty. The one I got is called "Lunar Eclipse", which is a copper shaded brown with gold iridescent sparkles.




So, the process is really easy. You grab a paper plate, some clear nail polish, and an old or cheap mini makeup brush.

Take the mini makeup brush, and start dusting off the eyeshadow onto the paper plate. For me, the Hard Candy eyeshadow was incredibly easy to dust off, so I had a lot of powder.


Take the clear nail polish and drip a few blobs onto your eyeshadow dust mountain!


Now mix! Mix! Mix! I used my mini makeup brush, and it instantly turned into a creamy, brown polish.

Not what I what expecting.


I mean..it's nice..but I thought there would be more gold. Once I become more comfortable with eyeshadows and pigments, I'll figure out a way to make this shadow polish copper-toned and gold.

Final Notes: I know that someone, somewhere would like this color, it's just not for me. So, I took it off and put a gold polish on.


Love, Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment